Parks become very unique but fun
You have to park in a parking garage when you go to Walmart
There are live lobsters in the grocery store,
Planes fly through the sky with advertisements,

Strange men do baby balancing acts (Uncle Randy at a FHE, he's really not strange) :)
It takes 30 minutes to go 5 miles down the road,
There are escalators for your shopping cart when you go shopping,

You have to share the road with a trax line,
Roasting marshmallows are done on the stove rather than a fire,
It costs $5.00 to park when you are just dropping something off (maybe a bit exaggerated),

You live down the road from the set of High School Musical

but..........
You know you are HOME when,
you are with the one's you LOVE.
12 comments:
This made me laugh because mots of these apply to us down in Vegas! Glad you guys are getting settled...we roast marshmallows over the stove ALL the time!
I love your post. It was great!!! I'm glad you are finally home for a few more years. I think you have a lot of great and memorable experiences ahead. We love you guys.
Super cute post Dallas!
I have chills from this post! It has brought back lots of memories of when I lived in SLC. You guys will learn to love the city. I will have to come and visit and give you a few tips on the city livin. :) Love and miss you guys! :)
what a cute post. you are so creative. I hope you guys are settling in well. What a change for you. we can't wait to see you guys in your new city place.
So much fun! Live it up!
What a creative post! I love it! It made me get a little bit emotional when I saw the photo of Tim and your cute kids.
We are so excited for you. We can't wait to come and visit.
I'm glad you found a place to live and are experiencing all these new things. We're almost all packed up and living out of boxes, only 11 days to go before we're Californians!
Sorry I haven't called this week!!!! We have all come down with a bug and we're all lazy and just laying around :( I'm get in touch with ya when were back to being ourselves :) You are such a cute blogger! You come up with the cutest backdrops and header pics! love the updates!
Cute new header and background! This post is so true. I love it! Looks like you've been having some fun times! I'm pretty sure we've been to that same Walmart with the garage. How funny! I've never seen the shopping cart escalator. Cool! The marshmallows look super yummy!
We are feeling a little lost and homesick here in the "big city" as well! The traffic has been enough to give me a nervous breakdown a few times, ha ha. Its a good thing this isn't a permanent arrangement. But you are so right, all that matters is being with the ones you love.
Cute post! I have been in Salt Lake for almost 6 years now- I miss the small town and forget all the crazy things you see when you first move into a big city. K- we are officially neighbors! When are you coming over for dinner?s
Post a Comment