Friday, December 18, 2009

Family Christmas Party (Mom's Side)


I love family get togethers! I especially love getting cute pictures like this. It is of my mom and her sister Paula. Aren't they so cute? It has been so nice living in Salt Lake, seeing as my Mom grew up in Provo Utah and my Dad in Orem Utah. So that means a lot of my extended family is pretty close near by us now! I feel that my parents did a great job getting us to family functions when we were kids but it was a little difficult because of the LONG drive. I grew up in Southern California and mostly Southern Nevada. Because of this we did not get to see my cousins as much as I would have liked. Now that we are closer I feel like I am getting to know some of my extended family a little bit better. We have been able to attend some Family Home Evenings, missionary "homecomings" and parties! It has been great!
So this is just one of the few things we have done with my mom's side of the family.
We had a great time at the family party: great food, great company, fun relay races, and it was the best having my mom and sister come up for the party and spend the night at our house.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

So sorry we miss the family Christmas party every year. Who the heck is that guy in front of Roland?

Aunt Kelly

Dallas said...

Kelly- Come to think of it, I HAVE NO IDEA!!! Like I said I am still trying to get to know everyone better. I feel like I don't know half the family anyway. I mean our family is so big, I guess anyone could could be a party crasher and get away with it. :) Looks like a nice enough guy anyway. :)