Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Good-Bye Tonsils!

I guess it was time for Emery to get her tonsils out (August 15, 2011) and Tim' great parents came up at a moments notice to watch Kaven so Tim and I could be with Emery in the Hospital all day. What sweet parents we have!
This is the morning before we left for the hospital.
Emery was so EXCITED to wear hospital clothes. Daddy helping her get dressed.
Emery showing off her gorgeous attire. :)While we were waiting for her to go into surgery, they gave her a hospital doll that she could color on. She instantly named her tutu and has loved her ever sense. She even drew her an owe on her neck and a belly button.The finished project! Notice the sticker on her head. They also gave her some paper to put stickers on, but she had other ideas. Ha Ha, that's my girl.
A few minutes before they took her in, they gave her some medicine to help keep her calm and relaxed. She either had to be held or pulled in a wagon because she was so dopey. It was pretty funny watching some of the kids go in with these cheesy smiles on their faces, yet SO RELAXED. It was kind of hard to pass the wagon over to the doctor when it was time.
Here she is after surgery. She did SO WELL and was happy to get a new purple sippy and to watch a show when she woke up. Recovery was a little bit harder than I thought it would be, but she was so brave and good through it all! If there is one thing about Emery, she takes on new experiences head on without a second thought and does her best. That is a trait I always longed to have! I am so proud of her.

Her doctor said her tonsils were HUGE! I am SO GLAD she got them out. She is sleeping SO MUCH better now and I am not so worried about her not breathing in the night anymore. Especially when she is sick. Great job my brave, sweet girl!

3 comments:

The Marchant Family: said...

Awww, get feeling better soon Emery! I have huge tonsils too and wish my parents had them taken out when I was a kid. At least she'll feel better now and won't have to worry about it the rest of her life. But surgery is so hard, especially when you see your sweet children in pain.

Camrin said...

way to go Emery girl! :) I LOVE the hospital clothes. So cute and comfy!

Alan and Paula said...

Darling pose in her hospital clothes.
We want to come and see you. We miss you guys. Can't wait for Conference!! We love you Emery! We had the best time with Kaven while we were there! xoxo