Thursday, April 24, 2008

To Grandmas House We Go

I had a few days off from babysitting so we decided to make a vacation out of it. After spending the night in Mesquite at my sisters house we went to Grandma and Grandpas house. It was just what I needed. Sometimes it is great to just get a break from every
thing and leave. What better way than to see family!!! I even got to stay a few extra days after Tim came back home for school. My mom brought me home later. Thanks so much mom! We had a great time and Emery LOVED every minute of it. She received a doll, duck and frog from Grandma and Grandpa as an early Birthday gift (pictured above). And we even had a pre-birthday cake that Emery got all over her face, thanks to Grandma, (so fun)! She loves her doll, I was amazed to see her carry it around, rock it, and even feed it a bottle, all on her own. She must she me do those things with Brigam or something because nobody told her or showed her how to do that. Or maybe it is just those maternal instincts. It is great being a mom and watching my child grow up. What a miracle.

Emery had all kinds of adventures while she was there too. She got to feed the goats and see a turtle for the first time. She was very intrigued and also very cautious. Not only that but Grandpa has some eggs that are growing some baby chicks inside. In the picture he is using his flashlight to see if the chicks are growing or not, pretty cool. He got these eggs from the fair so it will be fun to see what variation or chickens he will get and if they are even fert
ilized or not. It is always a fun adventure when we go to Grandma and Grandpas house.




2 comments:

Camrin said...

Looks like you had a blast. I am so glad you got to have a break from all the babysitting you do. You are amazing! Emery looks so cute seeing all the fun things at moms for the first time. Mom always has something fun to do for the grandkids. I hope one day I will be as good ah grandma as her. :)

Casie said...

That is cute that she feeds the baby. Maybe she did pick it up from watching Brig. Josh's niece is the youngest of her family though and she did the same thing without anyone showing her. I kinda think that girls are just born nurturers. I love the pictures. She is so cute.