Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Emery is 14 Months!


Wow, how time flies! I can hardly believe that I have a 1 year old baby/toddler. I thought I would update some things about what she is doing now. Here is a video of her doing some of the signs she knows (still working on the video, coming soon).

These are just a few of the many she knows (hat, dog, fish, bird) along with these: more, done, baby, book(Leslie taught her), ball, cracker, wash hands, drink, juice and maybe more that I can't think of right now. It has been so nice being able to communicate with her. She is A LOT happier and cleaner in her high chair.

The best part is she usually says the word as she signs them, so she is learning to talk a lot right now too. Tim and I were trying to write a list of the words she says but she keeps saying words that we forgot to put on the list it is amazing. Here are the words we could think of: mama, dada, shoes, hi, dog, fish, more, cheese, bird, book, hat, no, uh-oh, peek-a-boo, wee, bye-bye, hello, happy, baby, done, ball, bear, Nick, car, ka-ka, cracker, oh-cute, wow, eye, thank you, drink, juice, uh-uh, good girl, ha, boo, tickle tickle, hop hop, Elmo, please and my new favorite blankie (which she has just barely gotten quite fond of).

One other thing she has been doing, is learning how to run. It is so cute! She is a little banged up because of it but I guess that's what happens when you learn something new. She gets running so fast (for her) and her feet get caught underneath her and then she biffs it. She has learned how to slow down and stop herself now, so that's good.



I sure love my little Emery girl. She is the joy of our lives. How great it is to be a parent!

13 comments:

Camrin said...

Dal + Tim-
WoW! I love love love the first picture of Emery. Who did you have take that picture???
I can't believe how smart she is. She is so lucky to have such great parents.
We need to get the kids together. I know we are diving through for the 4th but it will be really early tomorrow morning and then really late Saturday night. Let us know if you are going to be around on Saturday. Hope you guys have a fun 4th. Love and miss you all!

Tina said...

I love how the top picture turned out! It is adorable! She's little miss photogenic! Emery is getting so grown up it seems like. She is talking so good too. She is always so sweet and happy. What a cutie!

jennie said...

Cute! DId you take Emery to get pictures done somewhere? They are super adorable. I love the one of her in the bathtub too, what a sweetie! Can't believe how fast time is going by.

Kelly said...

Dallas, She is so verbal for her age! I also sign with Eliza and it has been so great to communicate. She was even able to tell us when she had an ear infection. You should teach Emory the sign for pain. It's a good one. The Dr just told me at Eliza's 18 month appointment that they should be saying at least 5 words by 18 months. I think our babies are doing good! Eliza knows over 40 signs and probably 20 words right now. I think signing with them helps... Keep up the good work, she is a cutie pie!

Dallas said...

Cam and Jennie, my friend/neighbor across the street did them. She is amazing and not even a profestional. She just does it as a hobby. I told her she should starting doing them for people and charging. We feel very blessed to have such great friends.

Tiffany said...

That top picture is SO cute, she is such a doll. I agree, it is wonderful to be a parent!

Casie said...

I love that cute picture of Emery! Her personality just shines in it. I am so impressed with her intelligence, she is so smart!

Zach and Nikki said...

I was going to comment on the picture, but see that everyone else beat me to it. I'll just add my comment to theirs- what a cute picture! Emery's such a smartie!

Camrin said...

Dal-
I was reading your blog again and I think you messed up on the header. I believe she is only 13 months. You are such a silly girl. Time does fly though. Don't rush things too fast!

Dallas said...

Cam-
Thanks for the heads up, but she is 14 months old. You are right about time flying by! :)

Camrin said...

Okay you are right. I am the big DORK!!!!

Shilo said...

Hey! I'm so sad we missed you while we were in Delta! Better luck next time!! I'm so glad you posted about Emery and her signing...I keep meaning to ask you for tips/pointers. We've been trying it with Kindred, but I don't know too much about it...just the little bits I have read on the internet. So, any advice? Emery is so, so cute! I love all the pics! Looks like you had a fun 4th!!

Brittany said...

So cute! I'm excited that we live close again. We will have to get together sometime to let Spencer and Emery play. I hope you're having a fun summer!